|Green Garden Veggie Pasta Salad
A big bowl of pasta makes great comfort food. This month, we've got a tasty, green pasta salad to get you in the spirit for St. Patty's Day!
As rich in nutrients as it is delicious and refreshing, this salad blends vitamin-packed veggies like kale, asparagus, red onions and zucchini.
- 8-12 oz pasta kaumt, spelt brown rice or quinoa
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup red onions sliced
- 1-2 yellow summer squash or zucchini, quartered lengthwise and cut into 1/2 inch chunks to equal 2 cups
- 2 garlic cloves crushed or minced
- 1-2 cups chard or kale washed and chopped
- 10-12 spears of asparagus chopped
- 1 tablespoon chives finely minced
- 1/4 cup Italian parsley finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh basil finely chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
This recipe is sourced from Marni Wasserman.
- In a large stockpot, bring 4 quarts of water to a boil with 1 tablespoon of sea salt.
- Meanwhile, in a medium skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Add onion and saute for 3 minutes. Add squash, asparagus and continue to cook for 5 more minutes. Add garlic and cook another 2 minutes. Turn off heat and set aside.
- Cook pasta until al dente. Drain, place in a large, shallow serving bowl, and toss with remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil, sauteed vegetables, chard and fresh herbs.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve immediately.